Tuesday, March 22, 2011

LÄRABAR


LÄRABARS have been around since 2003, but I only discovered them about a year ago. I quickly became a very big fan, so much so that I can name at least a dozen people that I've handed one to and told them they must try it! I guess I'm a little bit pushy :-)

LÄRABARS are among the simplest of products I've found at the grocery store. Some of my favorite flavors have just 3 ingredients, always starting with a delicious base of dates and nuts, with the addition of different fruits and spices depending on the flavor. They create decadent flavors like Carrot Cake, Pecan Pie, and Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip without ever exceeding 9 ingredients.



The Cherry Pie LÄRABAR:
Like a chewy tart-cherry fruit leather,
studded with crushed Almonds.



Even better, each bar contains a full serving of fruits, they are chock-full of healthy fats, and all can be eaten by those on a vegan*, gluten-free, Kosher, or RAW diets. (*the chocolate chip flavors use dairy-free chocolate, but the chocolate chips may contain trace amounts of dairy from the production facility)

And while some other RAW-food bars on the market can cost upwards of $3 and are found only at specialty food stores, LÄRABARS can be found for somewhere in the $1.25 range at places like Dominick's, Jewel, and Target (though health-food stores tend to carry a broader array of flavors).

I like to carry one in my purse for when hunger strikes. Read below for some of my favorite flavors.


Cherry Pie: dates, almonds, & unsweetened cherries








Tropical Fruit Tart: Dates, Pineapple, Unsweetened Coconut, Almonds, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, Cashews, Orange Juice Concentrate, Orange Peel






Apple Pie: Dates, Almonds, Apples, Walnuts, Raisins, Cinnamon

No comments:

Post a Comment